Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mamma Mia Celebrates 5,000 Performances!


Yesterday my family was fortunate enough to be a part of something really special. We were invited to attend the 5,000th performance of Mamma Mia at the Broadhurst Theatre on Broadway! What a fantastic show and an awesome reason to celebrate.

Mamma Mia has always been a special show to me. Years ago I was studying abroad in London and they took us to a show. Mamma Mia was that show. It was fun and fabulous. My girl friends and I left the theatre singing and laughing and imagining that we would be like Donna, Rosie, and Tanya.... the best of silly friends years later!

Coming back to see the show on Broadway was very exciting for me. But it was even more exciting for the rest of my family who had not yet seen it. The most excited was my daughter. She just happens to be a "Dancing Queen" so I knew she would be loving the music, the costumes, and the whole upbeat experience.


The show was simply amazing. We laughed, we cried, and we cheered. The cast looked like they were having the best time. The music was fantastic... from the upbeat and sometimes silly  songs like Take a Chance on me and Does Your Mother Know.... to the tear jerkers like Slipping Through My Fingers. Each song was magical as you felt all the emotions the characters were portraying.


After the show we headed over to the famous Sardi's for a reception filled with food, drinks, stars from the show and creator/producer Judy Craymer. Oh... and a cake... from the Cake Boss. It was a fantastic experience for us all!



My daughter even got her picture taken with a bunch of the stars. 
Donna was one of her favorites!

If you have the chance to check out a Broadway show I would highly recommend Mamma Mia. It's one of the 10 longest running Broadway shows for a reason! Don't miss it!

0 comments: