Monday, June 24, 2013

Thumbs Up Wine WineFinder Mobile App


I don't know about you, but I really enjoy a good glass of wine. With the craziness that comes with being a mom of two.... sitting down and relaxing with a glass doesn't happen all the often. So when it does I like to know that I am going to be having something I will like.

While I do enjoy wine, I don't know too much about it. Well, at least I didn't think I did. I was contacted by Thumbs Up Wine to give their mobile app, Thumbs Up WineFinder, a try. By simply downloading this nifty app to my phone I now have the power to know everything I need to know to find the perfect bottle of wine for my taste, the type of food I am preparing, and my price range. So I started to play with this app to get to know the features and how easy it is to use. I did a search for my favorite red wine... Rosemont Shiraz... and I was so pleased to see what the results brought up. Not only is this wine one that Thumbs Up Wine recommends, but I also learned that I am getting more for my money. This particular wine is priced at about $10 but is valued at about $30. More for your money! So while I didn't think I knew anything about wine this app helped confirm that I have good taste (while still being on a budget)!

Here is a short video that will give you a great overview of the app and how you can use it at your local major chain grocery store or warehouse.



My husband and I have found this app to be very helpful. We have used it while shopping to find something according to what we are making for dinner. We have also used in restaurants to decide on a glass of wine. And just the other night we whipped it out at a neighborhood happy hour and looked up some of the wines to see what flavors were in them, what they paired nicely with, and if they were a good value. Everyone loved it!

While there are lots of great features of the app, I have to say that my two favorite things about the app are how quick and easy it is to use and being able to pick a price range. When I am shopping for my husband and I, we tend to look for less expensive. So now we can quickly see if the wine is recommended and if it's a good value. But when I am shopping for a gift or something to bring to someones house I like to spend a little more. This app will be my go-to when shopping for wine!

Along with the app we got to try one of their recommended wines. We checked out a 2010 Bogle Vineyards Essential Red, Old Vine, Red Blend. After one glass I knew why they have recommended this wine... it was fabulous. So we looked it up on our app and learned that this bottle retails for about $11 but they valued it at $36! Wow, now that's a bargain for a great bottle of wine. We also learned that it pairs great with pasta and pizza... so we made a pizza and had another glass.


I would highly recommend you check out Thumbs Up WineFinder on iTunes today!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

VINPIN is the place to show the world what's on your table. We are all about Wine, Food, Friends and many things in between!
VINPIN.com