Saturday, June 22, 2013

This Momma's Doing it Herself!

Time to learn a little more about me. Here it is... I'm crafty. Ok, so it's not hue or exciting news. But when I was growing up my mom tried SO hard to teach my sister and I am kind of crafty things. She was an art major in college so we were always drawing, painting, bedazzling (yeah, do you remember that??)... and her biggest joy in life... sewing.

So back then I hated to sew. I thought it was a waste of time to make little clothes for stuffed bunnies. So I didn't pay too much attention and just preferred that she do it because it looked better that way. Sewing failure. 

Fast forward to my college days and after a few changes of my major I end up with a major in... art. Yep, some of my mom's talent and ambition had stuck with me. So I started drawing and painting and loved every minute of it. But sewing was not on my curriculum.

Now here I am with a little girl of my own and all I want to do is be able to make clothes for her and her dolls. So I called upon my mom to try again to teach me to sew. And this time... this time I got it! 


And I made my first dress!!

So my amazing husband bought me my own sewing machine... and it arrived today! So I am super excited to start trying new things. If anyone has any great blogs or websites for sewing tips or ideas please share them. And I will be sure to keep you up-to-date on my sewing adventures!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First dress made by you, really looks beautiful and congratulations for your sewing machine. Hope you will explore the creativity hidden in you.
B&B Brugge                   

Lara said...

Thank you!