Thursday, February 28, 2013

Welcome Baby - Tommee Tippee


Tommee Tippee has been a part of our home for awhile now. My daughter was a toddler when their line came to Target. So we are very familiar with the cups, bibs, and other feeding accessories for older babies. But when our little one arrived we found ourselves in a new world that we had never been in before in terms of feeding.

My little guy had a lot of trouble latching on and dropped quite a bit of weight early on. So I began pumping so we could know exactly how much he was eating. Shortly after we started pumping he also started to develop symptoms of reflux. I felt so incredibly helpless because I couldn't get my baby to latch on and he was spitting up, arching his back, and feeling so uncomfortable after every feeding.

The doctor was working with us on some strategies to help his reflux before deciding if we needed to turn to medication. We were doing more tummy time, feeding smaller bottles more often, and spending a lot of time holding him upright. Then I decided to change the type of bottle we were using.

We switched to the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles and I truely believe that they have helped with my son's comfort while feeding. The first thing I noticed was that the nipple of the bottle was actually larger and filling more of his mouth. He used to have a gap between his mouth and the nipple and was taking in a lot of air. This bottle looked so much better in terms of fitting his mouth. The bottle is also designed with an anti-gas valve, which our previous bottle did not have.


We have been using the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles exclusively ever since and we are still very happy with them. They are made up of 4 simple parts that are easy to clean, and they are BPA and Phthalate free. The only complaint I have is that the Hygene Cap can be tough to get off the bottle sometimes, especially of your hands are a little wet. But with how happy I am with the bottles this would not stop me from using them!

I would highly recommend these bottles to any new mom. I thinkthey are great because of their design to be more like the breast and their anti colic/anti gas valve. They are easy to clean, easy to read the number of ounces, and overall a great bottle!

0 comments: