Monday, November 26, 2012

Holiday Gift Guide: A Pirate's Twelve Days of Christmas



A Pirate's Twelve Days of Christmas
Philip Yates, illustrated by Sebastia Serra

Ahoy mateys - Christmas is coming and even pirates celebrate the holiday! This follow-up to the hugely popular A Pirate's Night Before Christmas offers a witty re-imagining of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" - with a sly buccaneer twist. With impeccable rhythm and a lively sense of fun, Philip Yates and Sebastia Serra create a delightful world all their own.

My Thoughts:
I just adore this book! I think it is so unique and unlike any other Christmas story I have read. It was so much fun to sit and read this book with my daughter. She really likes pirates. I think it has to do with her favorite ride in Disney World, now she's stuck on them. So she was really excited to learn that even pirates celebrate Christmas. But she did inform me that they wouldn't be getting any presents because they were naughty. Those poor pirates get such a bad rep. 

The book is filled with fun illustrations and clever saying as the pirates count down the 12 days of Christmas. It is a fun book to add to your Christmas collection!

1 comments:

pamalot said...

thank you for the review, I am going to look for it to share with my kindie students