Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Great Mouse Detective on Blu-ray and HD Digital


Available for the First Time on Blu-ray and HD Digital on October 9, 2012

On October 9, 2012, fans can experience Disney's greatest listt mystery, in High Definition picture and sound, and go on a great big adventure as "The Great Mouse Detective" Mystery in the Mist Edition arrives on 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack and HD Digital. When the diabolical Professor Ratigan kidnaps London's master toymaker, the brilliant Basil of Baker Street and his trusted sidekick Dawson try to elude the ultimate trap and foil the perfect crime. This family classic on Disney Blu-ray proves big heroes come in small packages!

Rated G and approximately 74 minutes
My Thoughts:
I was very excited to gather the family around for a fun family movie night with "The Great Mouse Detective." I had this movie on VHS when I was younger, but my husband had never seen it and it was brand new to my daughter. I thought this would be an especially fun movie for the family because of how full of adventure and excitement it is.

My daughter loved the characters. She thought the mice were really cute and especially took to Olivia (the toymaker's daughter) and Basil's funny sidekick, Dawson. She really enjoyed the humor and adventure and got up and danced to some of the lively music. I was very pleased that she took a step outside of her typical princess movies and was able to enjoy a movie that was really very different from what she's used to.

My husband and I both agreed that this movie is being released for a reason, because it's good. It is something the entire family can enjoy. With action, adventure, danger, and plenty of humor it had us all engaged throughout. I would highly recommend this film for a wonderful family movie night with boys and girls of all ages... and parents, too!

2 comments:

ElmoFan said...

I've never seen this movie, but I'll check it out now. Thanks!

Lara said...

It's a fun one! I hope you enjoy it.