Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Baby Shower - Baby GooRoo


Boy do I wish I had known about baby gooroo when I had my first baby. This is a must visit site filled with tons of information and helpful tips for taking care of a new baby and yourself. But perhaps the most informative section for me was about breastfeeding.

I went into motherhood with the idea that breastfeeding would just happen for me. I wasn't under the illusion that it would be easy (I did do some reading), but I had no reason to believe that I wouldn't be able to do it. Then my baby was born and we jumped right in. We had a lactation consultant come and the baby latched on. Great! Then.... we went home...

My daughter was big and I ended up with a c-section. Two things that could make breastfeeding more difficult. She definitely wasn't getting enough and she just screamed! So supplementing with formula became a must for these frazzled new parents. But we had no idea where to go from there. So we struggled for 3 months where I was only producing a few ounces a day. It was a nightmare for all involved.

So when I learned about baby gooroo I started to do some reading. And then this wonderful package arrived at my front door. I am determined to be better informed and better prepared this time around!
This collection is a dream. The best part for me is the book. This breastfeeding guide takes you through the process from the very beginning. It starts by explaining how it works with illustrations to help you understand what your body does to prepare for the baby and then how it continues to provide what your baby needs. Then you move on to learning how to get started. There are great tips in there for having the most success, like keeping the baby with you for the first hour and letting them bond with you.

This book answered a lot of my questions and gave me some great ideas for this time around. This is a book I will have on hand from the minute my baby is born until we are settled into a nice routine.

The set also came with the softest baby essentials. An amazing hooded towel that I can't wait to wrap my baby in. Bibs, burp cloths, and wash cloths with adorable animals with cute sayings (I go bananas over mom's milk!).  Each item reminds you about the importance of breastfeeding. And seeing these cute little items on your baby will surely help you keep going, even when it gets a little tough!

This would make a fabulous gift for a new mom-to-be! Check it out on the baby gooroo website to learn more.

0 comments: