Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Laurie Berkner Christmas - Coming October 30th!


 Laurie Berkner
A Laurie Berkner Christmas 
Two Tomatoes Records 

GET THE SEASON STARTED WITH
A LAURIE BERKNER CHRISTMAS OCTOBER 30th!

“The undisputed queen of kindie rock.” – USA Today

Best-selling, award-winning children’s recording artist Laurie Berkner will kick off the holiday season with the release of her first-ever Christmas album, A Laurie Berkner Christmas (Two Tomatoes Records/Razor & Tie) October 30th.  The album features fifteen traditional holiday and seasonal songs, three of which are original tracks: “Santa’s Coming To My House Tonight,” “Candy Cane Jane” and  “Christmas Lights.”

Laurie is joined by bandmates Susie Lampert (keyboards), Adam Bernstein (bass) and Bob Golden (drums, percussion) as well as other talented musicians including acclaimed recording artists Brady Rymer and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Says Laurie, “Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays. I have actually wanted to make this album for a long time, as so many of my memories of being a kid at Christmastime center around music!  All of the songs I chose for this recording remind me of those family times when we shared a lot of playfulness and love through music.  Now that I have my own family, we sing carols together every year.  While there are many holidays that we celebrate, I still get a little thrill when I see the lights go up and we sing our first Christmas song of the season together.”

Laurie also recorded a song for Hanukkah especially for fans who celebrate that holiday.  “Candle Chase” will be available exclusively as a digital download on all digital providers such as iTunes and Amazon MP3 the same day as the album release on October 30th.

The Laurie Berkner Band has received tremendous critical acclaim. Entertainment Weekly proclaimed “Her voice is so rich, so textured, so full of flavor . . . you can almost see and taste everything as she delivers it.”  Parenting Magazine dubbed her “The Pied Piper of preschool” while Time Magazine lauded Laurie as “A kind of sippy-cup Sheryl Crow.”

A former preschool music teacher by day and indie rocker by night, Laurie Berkner started selling her music over ten years ago out of her living room on her own label, Two Tomatoes Records.  Laurie was the first artist to ever appear in music videos on Nick Jr., Nickelodeon’s 24-hour educational, commercial-free preschool network,and is featured in nearly all of the episodes of the channel’s Jack’s Big Music Show.

A Laurie Berkner ChristmasTrack Listing

Jingle Bells
Santa’s Coming To My House Tonight
Little Drummer Boy
I Saw Three Ships
Candy Cane Jane
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Children Go Where I Send Thee (featuring Brady Rymer)
Silent Night (featuring Elizabeth Mitchell)
Christmas Lights
Christmas Is Coming
Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Jolly Old St. Nicholas
Frosty The Snowman
White Christmas
We Wish You A Merry Christmas

I think it's safe to say that Laurie Berkner has groupies and we're one of them. My daughter adores her music and we rock out to it on an almost daily basis. What I love about her music is that it's totally tolerable for adults. She offers enough variety that you aren't stuck listening to the same 2 or 3 songs on repeat. Her songs are catchy... I definitely catch myself signing along.... and they're fun.

This CD is great! We are big Christmas people in this house and we start this Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving as we deck our halls. I love that some of these songs are old classics while some were new to me. This is a CD that I will gladly play this holiday season to keep my little one is spirit!

* I received a promotional copy of this CD. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments: