Monday, January 23, 2012

A Balancing Act

I have to apologize for being so quiet lately. I've been quiet on my own blog and quiet visiting my favorite blogs. I guess you could say I'm trapped in a balancing act.

When I started working again my daughter was 7 months old. I took the job because it was close to home, my mother in law could watch my daughter, and it was only two days a week. Well, my mother in law eventually found the ride down to us in the winter to be too much. So I put her in the daycare at my work. I didn't think it was a bad deal since she was in my building and I could peak on her at any time.


Day care isn't cheap, and I had to pick up a third day of work in order to ensure paid vacation. Because if she was sick I wouldn't have gotten paid but I would still have had to pay for that day in day care. So I could have found myself in a tricky situation.

So that's where I am now.... working three days a week. It's not a bad deal. I love my days home with my little one. And the time at work lets me get some adult conversation in and a change of scenery. But my work load at work in increasing. And it certainly isn't getting any lighter at home. Now we can add dance class and mommy and me swimming into the mix.

So my over all message here is I'm tired..... haha! Raise your hand if you can relate. I see all those hands up! Being home is tiring, being at work is tiring, doing both is tiring. So I have let my beloved blog slide a little. But I am working to get some exciting things going in the  next few months. I love blogging and I love my readers. I also love the companies I work with. So I'm not giving up that easy! Thanks for hanging in with me.

3 comments:

Mom vs. the boys said...

oh hun, it's so hard to do it all right? no worries, the blog will always be here when you have the time

Unknown said...

Girl I know what you mean! I have been the exact same way! With the hubby gone I took on all the responsibility and my blog just fell to the side in Nov. and Dec. Now I'm working on getting everything back together and my numbers back up! Hang in there and know we can all relate and we'll all be here! (like Jennifer just said...LOL)

Lara said...

You guys are the best! It's so nice to hear I'm not alone... sometimes it's just overwhelming. But I love blogging and all the people I've met (especially you two!!). I'm sure things will quiet down again soon!