Wednesday, July 13, 2011

10 Tips to Make Life Easier on the Go

As moms, we know we are always on the go. I think I spend more time in my car than in my house. And running around with a toddler is not easy. We are pretty much guaranteed that one of the two dreaded things will happen... they will either fall asleep even though it's not nap time and screw up their nap time... or they will have a meltdown because they are tired, hungry, want something they see in a store, or just plain cranky!

It's important for us moms to stick together and share our helpful tips on how to keep things under control and maybe even a little easier while we are on the run. I have a few "must haves" and "must do's" that I will share with you. While these won't guarantee an uneventful day... they have saved me in a few situations.

1. Diaper Bag - Have one fully stocked and ready at the door. How many times has something come up last minute - a trip to the pediatrician, a last minute play date at the park, or just a plain "I'm running late and can't even think about what I need." These spur of the moment trips pop up at my house all the time! So I keep a fully stocked diaper bag ready to go so I can grab it and feel confident that I have everything I need.

2. Coupon Organizer - My coupon book saves me so much time! I can easily flip through to the section I need and see if I have any coupons at a particular stop. I also keep all my gift cards in there so I have them should I happen to stop someplace unexpectedly.  I hate stopping at a store to pick something up and having one of those "oh I had a giftcard!" moments. I keep this organizer in the glove compartment of my car so I always have it.

3. iPad - This has been a life saver for me! I can throw it in my bag because it's light and pretty small. I have it loaded with games and videos that can keep my little one entertained should we hit traffic, have to wait for an appointment, or even at a restaurant when she gets restless.

4. Date Book or Planner - My sanity! I have to write everything down immediately as I schedule it. And I need to be able to reference it before scheduling anything new. It keeps me on track with where I need to be and when. Before I started carrying one I would miss appointments and double book myself more than I would care to admit.

5. Camera in the Car - Or on your phone. Either way.. have one accessible at any moment! With kids, you are pretty much guaranteed a photographic moment at any second!

6. GPS System - Ever gotten lost? I have! I have no sense of direction. My GPS has saved me and gotten me back on track so many times. Talk about a time saver!

7. Stocked Car - I stock my car with everything! I have an entire changing station in my trunk with diapers, wipes, diaper cream, and changing pad. I also have toys, books, snacks, and a change of clothes because you just never know.

8. Plan Ahead - Know where you are going and what's in that area. I try to look for restaurants and parks in areas that I travel to that are a little farther from home. This way we have a place to eat if we need to... and a place to run off some energy should we need to.

9. Travel Coffee Mug - I keep one in my car at all times. I start my day with it full and have it handy for quick stops on the go. It's better for the environment and most places will give you a discount for using your own mug. Sweet deal!

10. Emergency Kit - This one is really important. It will make your life easier if an emergency comes up. And the peace of mind alone will make your life easier knowing you have it. I keep a kit with a first aid kit, emergency contact info, water, food, a blanket, and a few other essentials in my car at all times. This way should something arise I am cool, calm, collected, and prepared.

The life of a busy mom is never an easy one. Keeping up with the demands of school, sports, play dates, doctors, family events, and more is enough to drive anyone crazy. But as moms, we handle it in stride... with a little help from our tips and tricks and lots of coffee to keep us going!! With this hot summer heat a Seattle's Best Coffee Iced Latte would do just the trick to keep you going. Click here to get a coupon to save $1.50 on a 4 pack!!

This summer, Seattle’s Best Coffee® is introducing the Official Latte of Pretty Much Everything. The convenient grab-and-go cans fit perfectly with a mom’s hectic schedule. The kids are home from school and looking for fun activities to fill their days and life as a mom just shifted into high gear for the summer months! The delicious, refreshing iced latte from Seattle’s Best Coffee® is an effortlessly bring-alongable quick pick-me-up to help you get through the day on the go. With three tasty options, Seattle’s Best Coffee® Iced Lattes are officially the easiest way to enjoy a cold, creamy latte wherever life takes you this summer. Where would you enjoy a can of iced latte this summer? On your way to early morning yoga class, or in the car on a family adventure? Savor one at a summer grill get-together or fresh from your beach bag when you’re having fun in the sun! Seattle’s Best Coffee® Iced Lattes are the official latte of pretty much everything! 


Sounds fantastic to me! I will be printing this coupon and looking for this sweet little pick me up!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seattle’s Best Coffee blogging program for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” 

0 comments: