Saturday, June 11, 2011

Toddler Favorites The Movie - Review

AWARD-WINNING CHILDREN’S MUSIC LABEL 
MUSIC FOR LITTLE PEOPLE
TO RELEASE NEW DVD, 
TODDLER FAVORITES: THE MOVIE AUGUST 30

DVD Inspired By Label’s Platinum-Selling CD Toddler Favorites

We received this exciting DVD for review and I am so glad we did! My daughter loves music and we are always singing our favorite tunes. This DVD adds to our musical experience in so many ways. The list of songs featured are all the childhood favorites.
Toddler Favorites: The Movie Track Listing
I’m A Little Teapot
Wheels On The Bus
1-2, Buckle My Shoe
Old MacDonald Had A Farm
Alphabet Song
Happy Birthday To You
Where Is Thumbkin?
Ring Around The Rosie
Apples And Bananas
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

I loved that the DVD offered songs my daughter and I were already familiar with. It made it fun and exciting to sing along to. One of the things that I love so much about this DVD is that it features animation and real children playing appropriately modeling great play skills. This has cued my daughter to play as well. For example: during I'm a Little Teapot children are shown having a tea party and pouring cups of tea. Now when the song comes on or we sing it together she looks for her teapot to play along. It also encourages children to get up and move with some of the songs!

The real images provide a great learning experience, while the fun characters keep the children engaged and entertained. This DVD runs for about 32 minutes and will be listed at about $9.99. Look for it on August 30th!

2 comments:

Show Me Mama said...

Oh, I have to look into this one. My daughter's favorite song would be " Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" she would sing that the entire day. I love all the songs as well. Thanks for sharing. This will make a great B-day Gift for her.

Lara said...

My daughter loves Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, too! I love when little ones sing..it's too cute!