Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Family Reunion

Oh my goodness... I feel like I am slacking big time with my blog! I am so sorry that I'm not around nearly as much I have been in the past. But I am happy to say that my absence has been for good reasons. As we kicked off summer our schedule became packed with wonderful events. From a family vacation, to Father's Day visits, to a big Family Reunion!

This past weekend we had the much anticipated family reunion. My grandparents live in Florida and don't get to travel north as much as they would like. And traveling with a toddler on a plane just hasn't been an event I am willing to tackle yet... but hopefully soon!
Here is a picture from the very first time my grandparents met my daughter!

So my grandparents have not seen my daughter since she was a few weeks old. She is now 25 months! You can imagine how much she has changed.. haha. It's very tough to get my dad's side of the family together as we live pretty far apart and all have crazy schedules. But since grandma and grandpa were coming up we needed to put in the best effort we could to get everyone together!
My dad, my sister, me, grandpa, grandma, my little one, my husband, my mom

We had everyone except for one of my cousins... I think we did pretty well! It was an incredible day filled with tons of great food, lots of news and nice conversations, many hugs, and lots of kids crying... haha! We couldn't have asked for a better day.

So since the event was hosted at my parents house, I volunteered to do a lot of the shopping and food prep to help my mom out. Thus, blogging suffered. But I did make an amazing pasta salad that I am excited to share the recipe with you. So expect that soon!!

5 comments:

ElmoFan said...

Wow! Looks like 4 generations in that group photo! That's terrific!

Lara said...

Yes! It is 4 generations! It was awesome to have everyone together :)

Jenn said...

I love family reunions! They are so much fun. It's always great to have pictures to look back on! :)

Lara said...

Yes! We have so few pics of everyone! This one will be special.

Show Me Mama said...

Oh, It's summer, you suppose to be away on vacation and enjoy yourself. That's what summer is all about. It looks like you all had a fun family reunion.