Thursday, May 19, 2011

Water Works

Next Tuesday my little girl will be turning two! Wow, I can't believe it. So I have been busy running around trying to get together the best "Tea for Two" party I possibly can. Her first birthday party was such a hit! I had a scrapbook of her first year and a slide show running all day. So I wanted to try and do that for this year, too. Well, I got the scrapbook done but I didn't get the slide show. So I pulled out the one from her first birthday to see if I could play it again.

I sat down at my computer and started to watch. Between the music, the pictures, and the memories I just couldn't handle it. I started to bawl. Literally. Uncontrollable sobs. But not even sad sobs so much. Just where did the time go sobs. I get so happy looking at those pictures of her when she was so tiny. Remembering her first steps, looking at the pictures of her sleeping on her daddy's chest, her first Christmas. It has been the best 2 years of my life.

The weird thing is I wouldn't trade who she is now for the little baby she was. I miss the little tiny baby stage, but I adore the funny, sweet toddler. It's strange how fast time can go and how much you can miss the good old days, but still be completely content in the moment.

When I first had her I asked a friend what stage was her favorite. She told me that every stage is amazing and it just keeps getting better. I couldn't imagine that being true with the amount of joy I was getting from my newborn. I thought, oh once she talks and becomes independent life will be different and not as special. But it's true... every stage is amazing. Every day is fun and exciting. Every stage is challenging in different ways.

Can anyone relate?