Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Verizon FiOS - Got it or Want it?

My grandparents recently came back from spending about a month with my aunt and uncle. While they were there they got the opportunity to experience Verizon FiOS. One of the first things they said to me was that they were finally able to view my family blog.

I write a family blog to keep close friends and family up to date on my daughter and how quickly she is changing. Since my grandparents still have a dial up connection they have never been able to view it. They complain about how slow their computer is and how the pictures never load. And forget about seeing the videos! They just don't have the speed to access the internet in an efficient way.

It took them actually using high speed internet to realize how fabulous it is. It's something I couldn't live without. It makes life easier in terms of accessing things faster. So my grandparents were hooked and came home and immediately signed up for Verizon FiOS.

We do have high speed internet in our home, but it's not Verizon FiOS.  Over the past few months we have looked into it as a potential switch because from what we see it looks like we could save money. And for me the biggest draw is the multi room DVR! I live for my DVR. As a busy mom there is no way I can watch all my favorite shows during real time. I watch everything the next day or even a week later. And I can only watch my shows on the downstairs TV, which isn't always the most convenient. I very often find myself sitting in bed at night wishing I could catch up on a show or two. This would solve this dilemma!

The high speed internet is second on my list of priorities. I definitely can't live without it. I very often have just a few minutes to check my e-mail and if my computer is running slow I get frustrated quickly. I know, it's sad. But we live in an age where we are used to having things immediately, so it's a tough adjustment to have to wait. And I get a lot of important e-mails and don't like to fall behind. I also do all my pictures online, so I like to be able to quickly upload and view. Basically I can't survive without my high speed internet!

While we are still discussing switching carriers, Verizon FiOS sure does have a lot of bonuses associated with it. It's definitely worth looking into if you're curious or interested. I can tell you my grandparents are thrilled and they haven't had any problems... which is amazing since they can't seem to operate their DVD player without some kind of problem!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Verizon FiOS blogging program for a gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.