Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Book Review


Seth Grahame-Smith has joined forces with beloved author Jane Austen to create an entirely new classic tale: PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES! This book is so clever and fun, the perfect thing to read while your child is napping because you already know the story.  And the addition of zombies only makes the romance of Miss Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy all the more interesting. 

The author has taken quite a few liberties with Miss Austen’s story, but the essence of the plot is quite true to the original book from 1813.  It really is amazing to see how an infestation of the undead and ninja-style zombie fighting fit right into this British novel.  I had a lot of fun reading the book, and caught myself laughing out loud a few times.  I really like the idea of adapting one classic novel and updating it with pop culture references that are so prevalent today.  Zombies are the new vampires!  My husband loves the new show on AMC, THE WALKING DEAD, and while I like that show, sometimes the zombie make-up is a little TOO realistic.  But PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES is the perfect blend of Jane Austen, horror, and comedy all in one book.   I think both my husband and sister will enjoy reading it now that I’m done! 

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES is available in stores and online now!  Treat yourself to the Deluxe Edition from Quirk Classics…this is a book that you will want to keep long after you’ve finished it. And Quirk Classics has even more in store for you with PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES: DAWN OF THE DREADFULS and SENSE AND SENSIBILITY AND SEA MONSTERS. 

I definitely recommend you check this book out! 

2 comments:

Show Me Mama said...

This would be the perfect book for my sister. She enjoys everything that has to do with Zombies, Vampires and of course little comedy in between wouldn't hurt a bit. Thanks for sharing, this might end up being her Christmas gift :)

Jenn said...

I read that book in high school but can't remember what it was about. That would be a good one to reread now that I'm really into reading.

Thanks for sharing!!