Monday, June 14, 2010

A Delta Faucet Changed My Life......

So a few weeks ago I was given the fabulous opportunity to review a Delta Faucet. I sat down with my husband one evening and showed him a few I had picked out and asked if he had any suggestions. He told me which ones he liked more or less, but he wasn't over the top excited about picking one out. But we decided on one together.

The day the Delta Faucet arrived I opened the box with my husband a few feet from me. His eyes glazed over and he lifted it out of the box. You would have thought someone sent him a box of gold. Is it possible to fall in love with a faucet? If so... he did. The sleek lines.... the smooth finish.... ok, maybe I fell in love too.

That day my life changed. He carried it over to our sink and he made a face. Then he turned to me and said the most beautiful words, "maybe we should get a new sink for this faucet." He felt, and I agreed, that our sink was too "ugly" for this beautiful stainless steel faucet. Aside from the fact that our faucet has been leaking and is turning the sink all kinds of strange colors. But wait.... it gets better....... "And if we're going to put a new sink in maybe we should do the counter tops too." I should mention that there is a huge crack across our counter top... covered with packing tape. No, I did not cover it with packing tape... that is how it came with the house. But we've been living here for over 2 years with packing tape on our counter... hmmm... gross!
Can you see the tape?
Delta Faucet has helped give me a KITCHEN MAKEOVER! My wonderful hubby has even agreed to paint over the sunshine yellow walls!!!

So here it is.... the beautiful stainless steel faucet that is the start of something wonderful. (You can see it on the Delta page by clicking here) And guess what... you're all coming along for the ride! I can't imagine that this will be a simple or fast project. So I'm going to keep you updated on how it goes.... and it will all focus around my dear friend.... my Delta Faucet. I can't wait to see the finished product!!

Now of course I live with Mr. Practical and Mr. Let's Think Everything Over.... so this is clearly a "fall job." We are working on a starting date... but it looks like early September... I'm pushing for August.... haha! But don't worry... I'll keep you posted.

In the mean time... go pick out a Delta Faucet... maybe you'll get a kitchen makeover, too!!

You can also check out Delta Faucet on Facebook and Twitter

6 comments:

Violalee75 said...

So exciting!!! Yay for a new kitchen! And tell Mr. Practical to consider this: while you are having the kitchen redone you will have to go out to eat a bit. This will be more convenient to do with a baby in warmer weather....less time spent bundling into fall outerwear and such! That should help push the start date up a little maybe????

Lara said...

Great idea!!! I'm totally using that on him!!

visitoardc said...

How wonderful for you! Enjoy it! Following from FMBT. Stop by to visit us if you get a chance: scienceisgrowing.blogspot.com
Our kid-friendly meal ideas this week will be perfect for your new kitchen! :)

Unknown said...

Yeah for you! I'm working hard to convince my dh to give our kitchen an inexpensive little makeover. Wish me luck! Following from FMBT. Come visit when you can! :) goingjane.blogspot.com

Paula@One Mom's Corner of the World said...

Congratulations! I'm visiting from Follow Me Back Tuesday. I already follow you.

Ashley R said...

Wow, that's going to look great once it's all installed! My hubby got a new faucet very similar to that one a year ago for our kitchen.....I love it! It was easily to install for him....but he was in plumbing sales for a couple years a while back. I hope your hubby is handy too!