Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Earth Day!! This year I have started to do a little more to help keep the Earth happy and healthy for my baby girl. It's sad that it took having a baby to open up my eyes to the simple things I could be doing. I have started to use "green" cleaning products, prefer purchasing organic or toys made of recycled materials, stopped drinking out of plastic water bottles, started using reusable/washable cloths in place of paper towels, use my own reusable bags at the food store and I'm paying a lot more attention to what should be recycled rather than thrown out.

I know I'm not doing as much as I could, and I haven't made any HUGE sacrifices that effect my daily lifestyle. But I'm proud of my small efforts and will continue to look for things I can do. With that said, any suggestions? Tell me what small things you're doing to make a big difference!!

3 comments:

Jessica Warrick said...

You sound like your doing great i use organic cleaners and handmade wipes for my son.

Lara said...

Oooo... handmade wipes! How do you do that? Is it a special material?

Unknown said...

Happy Friday from Friday Follow!

Sarah
http://lewiscrazyhouse.blogspot.com