Monday, November 9, 2009

Dancing Queen to Laundry Queen....


I really had no idea what to expect when I became pregnant. I'll admit it... I cried. My husband and I wanted a baby. We were trying for a baby. But trying for a baby and finding out you are pregnant are two very different things. I was suddenly overcome with fear. I worried I would be giving up the life I was used to and loved so much. The life of going where I wanted when I wanted. Dancing the night away and sleeping till noon.

Yup, those days are gone.... but with no regret. That's the part I didn't realize. I realized there would be sacrifices, but I didn't realize how easy these sacrifices would be to make. I would rather be home snuggling my baby then hitting the dance floor with the girls.

But today is one of those days... the days where I sit and wonder. Today's wonder is when did I become Queen of the Laundry. There are so many "queens" I would like to be. But this is not one of them. Spit up, spit up, spit up. Yup, that's been my day. How's your day going??

1 comments:

Krista said...

I hate laundry, too...and don't think of yourself as a Queen of Laundry...you are the Queen of your Home! :) That sounds better.